CIAH Laboratory was formed in 1985 within the Institute (nowadays the Center) for motor vehicles at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Belgrade. There are 34 employees in the CIAH Laboratory, out of which 4 PhDs, 4 BScs, 17 MScs, 5 engineers and 2 technicians.
CIAH Laboratory is accredited as a testing laboratory according to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for:
- Testing the strength of bus superstructure according to UN Regulation 66;
- Testing the construction of buses and coaches according to UN Regulation 107;
- Testing the strength of roll-over protection structures of wheeled agricultural or forestry tractors according to UN Regulation 1322/2014;
- Determination of the field of vision and windscreen wipers for wheeled agricultural or forestry tractors according to UN Regulation 71 and Directive 2008/2/EC;
- Testing the vehicles for perishable foodstuffs transport according to ATP Agreement;
- Testing the medical vehicles according to EN 1789.
- Inspection of individually modified or individually produced;
- Inspection of motor vehicles with an alternative fuel drivetrain (liquefied petroleum gas and compressed natural gas);
- Inspection and certificate issuing for vehicles for perishable foodstuffs transport according to ATP Agreement;
- Inspection and certificate issuing for securing of cargo according to EN 12642 (L and XL code);
- Inspection and certificate issuing for road ambulances according to EN 1789;
- Inspection and certificate issuing for firefighting and rescue service vehicles according to EN 1846-2;
- Inspection and certificate issuing for refuse collection vehicles according to EN 1501;
- Compliance documentation and type approved vehicle inspection according to UN Regulations and EU Directives;
- Inspection and certificate issuing for vehicles and trailers for dangerous goods according to ADR Agreement;
- Inspection of tanks according to ADR Agreement, RID Regulation and EN 12972 standard;
- Inspection of packaging according to ADR Agreement.
CIAH Laboratory is approved for testing according to following UN Regulations:
- UN Regulation 18 - Anti-theft of motor vehicles
- UN Regulation 39 – Speedometer
- UN Regulation 43 - Safety glazing materials and their installation on vehicles
- UN Regulation 48 - Installation of lighting and light-signaling devices
- UN Regulation 53 - Installation of lighting and light-signaling devices for L3 vehicles
- UN Regulation 55 - Mechanical coupling
- UN Regulation 58 - Rear underrun protective devices
- UN Regulation 68 - Measurement of the maximum speed, including electric vehicles
- UN Regulation 73 - Lateral protection devices
- UN Regulation 105 - Vehicles for the carriage of dangerous goods
Our staff participates in scientific and research activities in the field of design, development and testing of vehicles and vehicle systems. Laboratory is able to apply modern test methods and also to develop in-house methods and test stands for the testing of vehicles and other mechanical systems.
Members of CIAH laboratory participate in teaching on the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.